Opportunities Circle is here with another opportunity. Applications are now open for Vienna BioCenter Summer School in Austria 2023. Vienna BioCenter Summer School is a research-oriented summer program in Austria. Vienna BioCenter is one of Europe’s five leading research centers. This scholarship program provides a dynamic scientific atmosphere for talented students willing to learn research and development-oriented scientific innovations.
Vienna BioCenter Summer School aims to attract talented students worldwide, creating a vibrant and diverse atmosphere. It is the perfect preparatory program for students interested in graduate studies in the life sciences arena. Fully funded 9-week summer research program allows extraordinary students to research life sciences under the world’s best mentors.
The Vienna BioCenter Austria aims to gather skillful masterminds worldwide and bring them to the world’s most qualified scientific labs to give them a chance for growth and advancement in their fields. The best part of the fully funded summer school is that fellow students can learn the latest technologies. Vienna BioCenter is supplemented with a range of research projects. The summer student program is developed in a way in which each fellow would be assigned to a faculty member under whom they will work. The BioCenter is known for its highly competent faculty. Through this international summer program, students will get an opportunity to learn from highly influential professionals of respective fields.
The BioCenter summer program allows outstanding students to start their practical experience at a top research institute. In this research summer school, the undergraduates attain valuable scientific knowledge and get the basic ideas of research infrastructure. All these research projects conducted in the BioCenter are related to issues regarding molecular biology, immunology, bioinformatics, neuroscience RNA, stem cells, biochemistry, etc. The summer school participants participate in all the practical lab work, meetings, and journal societies. Hence, the participants gain knowledge with such high standards of learning and practicing.
The Vienna BioCenter Summer School is a fully funded Summer Program for international students for all undergraduates and master students to spend three months in Vienna. Twenty international students will get a chance to participate in this summer school from all over the world. You do not need IELTS/TOEFL for this international summer school. The deadline for this research training program in Europe is 31 January 2023.
Vienna BioCenter Summer School Program Description
Each fellow will work under a faculty member and they will work closely with him. A diverse range of research projects is available in molecular biology, neuroscience, immunology, bioinformatics, RNA biology, stem cells, and biochemistry. The research projects will focus on a current topic in the chosen lab, and scholars will be expected to perform experiments, analyze data, generate new ideas, and discuss their results. Fellows will also take part in lab meetings and journal clubs.
In Vienna BioCenter summer school, faculty members will give weekly lectures on current trends within their research fields.
Deadline is January 31, 2023
Financial coverage: Fully Funded
Deadline: January 31, 2023
Eligibility Criteria :
Are you a student looking for international exposure or research opportunity? Apply for the Vienna Biocenter Summer School Program, but before you start the application, check the criteria and requirements.
Eligibility Criteria for Vienna Summer School 2023:
- Applicants from any nationality can apply.
- There is no gender discrimination; the institute encourages female applicants to apply.
- Students must have completed at least two years of university by 30 June as follows:
- Must be enrolled in the third or fourth year of BA, BS, or Honours in a life science-related undergraduate program.
- Enrolled in final year of a 4-year BA in a life science-related major.
- Be enrolled in the first year of a 2-year master program, MSc in a Life Science related subject.
- Furthermore, applicants must be studying life sciences.
- They must have an excellent academic record.
- Students must be proficient in English.
- Before applying, students should have three months of research experience or have done training as part of the study program.
- Applicants can apply for the Vienna BioCenter Summer School through the online application.
- They must specify the lab heads’ names according to their preference.
- Students must also provide academic details and research experience to be eligible.
- Furthermore, they must upload a personal statement with the programs they will apply to.
- Submit the enrollment certificate, transcript of studies, and exam result of the last year of their course.
- Applicants must upload proof of enrollment for the next academic year.
- The program language is English, so proficiency in English is required. Proof of competence in English with IELTS, TOEFL, AND CPE is recommended but not necessary.
- A letter of reference is not required at the time of the application. However, the selection committee may contact the supervisors of shortlisted applicants.
- All documents not in English or German should have a translation attached. The candidate itself can do a translation.
- The deadline to submit the application for the Biocenter summer school program is 31 January 2023.
- The program will commence in July 2023.