Opportunities circle is here with Hong Kong PhD Fellowship Scheme 2023-2024 to study at top universities in Hong Kong. Fully funded scholarships aim to recognize academically brilliant, talented, and motivated students who exhibit leadership qualities. People from worldwide are welcome to apply for the fully funded fellowship program regardless of nationality, ethnicity, academic background, religion, and political interests. Therefore, students from any country or region can apply.
Research Grants Council introduces the Hong Kong PhD Fellowship Scheme to select the world’s brightest minds to pursue research at the universities in Hong Kong. Students can apply for any two of the host universities to utilize their exceptional potential and skills. It is a good opportunity to pursue PhD research in an Asian country without spending much money, as the fellowship program is fully funded. Host organization will cover all the expenses related to this PhD fellowship in Hong Kong, including travel allowance, annual stipend and other support if required.
This PhD scholarship provides a platform for the students to interact with students from different cultures, with high intellectual levels and skills. You will get to study in any of the leading universities in Hong Kong. The applicant must possess communication, leadership, and research skills to be shortlisted. Moreover, the education quality of Hong Kong is one of the finest, which will give an everlasting educational experience. There will be 300 awards waiting for the right candidate. The fellowship duration is three years, meaning this is a three years fully funded fellowship. Do not miss out the deadlines; further information is provided below.
Fields Available for Hong Kong PhD Fellowship
- Engineering and Technology
- Social Sciences
- Business Studies
- Ling nan University
- The Chinese University of Hong Kong
- City University of Hong Kong
- Hong Kong Baptist University
- The University of Hong Kong
- The Hong Kong Polytechnic University
- The Hong Kong University of Science and Technology
Country: Hong Kong
Financial coverage: Fully Funded
Deadline: December 31, 2022
Eligibility Criteria :
Interesting, right? Before you start your application, make sure to check the criteria for the international fellowship program. We have listed down the eligibility criteria below.
Eligibility Criteria for Hong Kong PhD Fellowship
- Applicants must be fresh full-time PhD students.
- They can be from any nationality.
- Furthermore, applicants must prove that their university’s medium of education was the English language.
- In case the primary medium of education was not English, they have to provide an English proficiency certificate.
- If the applicant is not a fresh PhD student, he/she may apply for this program if he/she gets admission to any other new full-time PhD programs.
- Applicants have to choose their university from the list of host universities.
- Students must demonstrate outstanding academic performance.
- Moreover, research potential, leadership skills and good communication is required.
Hong Kong PhD Fellowship scheme is a fully-funded opportunity; therefore, you must not miss this opportunity. Before scrolling down, check the financial coverage this fellowship is offering for students.
Hong Kong PhD Fellowship Benefits
- Annual stipend of HK$325,200 (for up to three years).
- Travel allowance of HK$13,600 for conferences and research-related travels.
- The host university will provide additional support if the PhD extends from 3 years.
- Applicants don’t need to have prior work experience for this PhD fellowship.
- Opportunity to conduct research at international laboratories.
- Interested applicants have to apply separately for the university and this program.
- You must complete the initial application through the Hong Kong PhD Fellowship scheme electronic system (HKPFSES).
- After the submission of the application for the fellowship, applicants will receive a reference number.
- You can apply in 2 universities and in 2 separate programs.
- Applicants must apply for their desired university/universities and provide the reference number in the university application form.
- In case for forgetting to mention the HKPFSES reference number, the application will be considered regularly, not for the Fellowship.
- Each host university has a different deadline; make sure you fill your application form as soon as possible to receive the reference number before the deadline.
Universities’ Application Deadlines:
- The Chinese University of Hong Kong: 1 December 2022 (5:00 pm Hong Kong Time)
- The Education University of Hong Kong: 1 December 2022
- City University of Hong Kong: 1 December 2022
- Hong Kong Baptist University: 1 December 2022 (11:59 pm Hong Kong Time)
- Ling nan University: 2 December 2022 (11:59 pm Hong Kong Time)
- The Hong Kong Polytechnic University: 1 December 2022 (11:59 pm Hong Kong Time)
- The Hong Kong University of Science and Technology: 1 December 2022 (11:59 pm Hong Kong Time)
- The University of Hong Kong: 1 December 2022 (11:59 pm Hong Kong Time)