Global Excellence and Mobility Scholarship 2023 is an excellent opportunity for international students from worldwide to pursue PhD at a top-ranked university. Monash University intends to bring another international scholarship opportunity for bright PhD students who want to study in Malaysia, where they can work under the supervision of top-class researchers on some of the world’s most pressing challenges and acquire skills. The duration of the Global Excellence and Mobility Scholarship program (GEMS) is three years and three months (twenty-seven months in Malaysia and up to twelve months in Australia). The scholarship for international students is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity for doctoral applicants to work and resolve global challenges.
GEMS program awards fifteen scholarships annually for 39 months. Furthermore, through this fully funded scholarship, students will get an opportunity to work under world-class mentors and build extraordinary skills and techniques. A team of staff in Malaysia and Australia will supervise each PhD student and the program will include placement in Australia for up to 12 months. As an international student, you can have a truly international experience. The scholarship will provide a full tuition fee waiver for three years, a monthly allowance, and a grant to cover travel costs and living expenses in Australia.
The Global Excellence and Mobility Scholarship Program invite applications from high-performing PhD students around the world who are undertaking challenging research work. Monash University GEMS program commences a magnificent possibility for highly qualified international students who are eager to inspect the universe’s fundamental structure by working with top-graded professors and researchers. Global excellence scholarship also helps international students to broaden their horizons, join international research communities, and widen their network.
Monash University is a public research university in Australia with campuses in different countries; one is in Malaysia. It is known as the second-oldest university in the state. Monash is ranked #44 in the Times Higher Education world universities rankings for 2023. Moreover, it is the largest university in Australia. Further details about the Monash University Global Excellence and Mobility Scholarship, including criteria, benefits and requirements, are provided below. Read this article to the end so you get all the important detail about the Monash PhD scholarship.
Areas of Research for Global Excellence and Mobility Scholarship
Research topics are provided below. Applicants are advised to select up to two research topics only. Applicants must submit a research proposal for each selected research topic with the application.
- School of Business
- School of Arts and Social Sciences
- School of Information Technology
- School of Engineering
- School of Medicine and Health Sciences
- School of Science
- School of Pharmacy
Deadline is December 31, 2022
Financial coverage: Fully Funded
Deadline: December 31, 2022
Eligibility Criteria :
Do you want to accomplish something new? Then you should apply for the Monash university Malaysia scholarship but before starting the application, check the criteria and requirements of the GEMS program to ensure your eligibility.
Eligibility Criteria for the Global Excellence and Mobility Scholarship
- Malaysian and International students can apply.
- Applicants must have a minimum academic qualification of First Class Honors or its equivalence (H1E) recognized by Monash Malaysia.
- In addition, students must provide particular academic and English language proficiency proof to apply for the scholarship.
- Applicants must be willing to contribute for a maximum of 10 hours weekly in research support or academic support activities as determined by the managing School.
Monash University offers international scholarships for outstanding students. Therefore, you should take advantage of this excellent opportunity if you meet the criteria. Financial support and other benefits of the excellence scholarship for international students are enlisted below.
Benefits of the Global Excellence and Mobility Scholarship
- The university provides a 100% tuition fee waiver for three years and three months.
- Provision of monthly stipend of RM 2,800 for 27 months.
- Students will also receive a stipend of AUD 37,000 for up to 12 months in Australia.
- In addition, scholarship recipients will also receive a grant to cover travel to Australia.
- Opportunity to study in Malaysia and Australia without thinking about the expense.
Documents Required for the Monash University GEMS Program
The following are the requirements for the Global Excellence and Mobility Scholarship Program. Students must submit them along with the application before the deadline ends.
- Curriculum vitae
- Academic transcripts (Certified true copies with grading scales)
- Research proposals for up to 2 preferred research topics
- Personal statement on why you think are suited for the GEMS program (300 words)
- Proof of English proficiency
- The application process is online.
- Applicants must submit the online application form with supporting/required documents.
- Shortlisted applicants will receive an invitation for a panel interview.
- Successful applicants will receive an invitation to apply to complete the application.
- Application deadline for the Global Excellence and Mobility Scholarship (GEMS) 2023 is 31 December 2022.
- Results will announce in March 2023.